Drain jetting, also referred to as high pressure water jetting or hydro jetting, is a modern technological way of clearing and cleaning blocked drains. Many homeowners experience persistent drain blockage problems and you know how nuisance such problems may become if not effectively solved. Drain jetting uses water under high pressure through hoses with a jetting nozzle to clear any blockage in your home drainage system extending much farther down the drain pipes while negotiating the drain pipe bends to exert more force to toughest blockages. A drain rod can also do a great job for blocked drains but the problem of blockage will always prevail since it does not effectively solve the problem as the drain jetting technology.
- Hydro jetting is a tank of water, connected to a jetting pipe with a jetting nozzle on the end.
- The jetting pipe is inserted into the blocked drain pipe.
- Water is then forced through the jetting pipe at high pressure through the blocked drainage system/drain pipe.
- Water under high pressure effectively clears any blockages which are caused by fat, waste, grease, tree roots, or minerals in the sewerage system.
There are many benefits associated with this modern drain clearing technology. They include;
- Providing the best solution to persistent drain blockage problems. Once you do drain jetting all the blockages in the drain pipe are effectively cleared out ensuring that you don’t have to frequently repeat the process as the case with using drain rod.
- Hydro jetting is cost effective because it helps you to save money that you could have used to repeat the process of drain clearing using other ineffective means and also lowers the frequent of replacing hardly blocked drain pipes.
- Ensures there is thorough cleanliness and hygiene. The method is thorough and ensures all blockages are cleared out hence reducing any chances of bacteria and diseases as a result of contaminations.
- It is eco-friendly since there are no chemicals used.
- It requires little or no on-going maintenance after the first blockage is removed.
Drain jetting has the following cons:
- The method requires a lot of water hence high water consumption
- The method is expensive. However the cost varies since it depends with the severity of the drain cogs and the amount of hours spent by the technicians.
- Drain jetting is not a do it yourself (DIY) project and therefore, requires hiring of a professional such as a plumber.
Drain jetting is a very important activity to do for your home drainage maintenance, since it ensures hygiene and healthy living. An internet search can help you to find various drain jetting service providers or plumbing service providers and their services including cost to choose the best service provider for you. Drain jetting is not a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) activity since it requires certified and skilled professionals (plumbers) with the required knowledge and experience.