Smelly sewers and blocked drains require a considerable amount of work to clean, especially when done manually. Traditionally, drainpipes are cleared by means of a mechanical snake, which proves to be ineffective especially when the clog is severe. But drain jetting helps to clean the pipe thoroughly, to a like-new condition. Drain jetting is a revolutionary approach that allows you to give pipes and drains a thorough cleaning.
What is drain jetting?
Drain jetting (high pressure water jetting) is a highly effective way of cleaning blocked drains. Water in stored in tanks are run through a high-pressure hose with a jetting nozzle on the end. Although a drain rod is a good way of cleaning blocked pipe that is close to a toilet, drain jetting can actually extend further down the pipe and even negotiate bends to ensure that even the toughest blockage is unblocked. It is actually the best and the most effective way of cleaning all kind of drains including pipes, grease traps, tanks and sewers.
How does drain jetting work?
Drain jetting works by forcing water that is highly pressurized, through a nozzle at the end of a long hose, which is then inserted into the pipe. The nozzle hole is actually drilled at an angle that points in the opposite direction to the direction of travel. The nozzle of the drain has different attachments for different types of jobs and can handle any kind of blockage including overgrown roots. By using a high-pressure technique, the jet is able to clear anything by scouring inside the pipe leaving it as clean as possible.
- Complete cleaning. – Drain jetting is the ultimate technique for cleaning drains. The high pressure helps to clean out all debris thus leaving the pipe clear for water to flow it without obstructions.
- Residue removal- Drain jetting helps to remove stubborn residues from the pipe. Substances that commonly block drains include, sand, soap ice, grease and mud.
- More maneuverable- Drain jetting uses pulse flow that allows the hose to maneuver easily inside the pipe. This enables the user to target the site of the blockage and by-pass areas that may be venerable to damage.
- It should only be done by a skilled person.
- If not done properly, it can cause damage to the pipes.
Although you can rent a pressure washer and a jet, it is recommended that you hire a pro to do this project. It is important to know the size of the pipes and how much pressure you can safely use. It will save you time and money in the long run to have an experienced plumber help with jet draining.