Here are some steps on how the sink drain is installed.
- Assembly: Open the already purchased drain pipe kit then confirm that every part on the box is in its place as well as the Utility, function and application of every part is well understood. Ensure that you read manual instructions along with the guidelines and stringently follow them. This will in return ensure there exist no scope for errors as well as incorrect things.
- Setting and Fitting: In case you want to replace an existing pipe or rather detaching if from your sink, take the measurement of its length and compare the diameter to the new one supplied together with the kit. In case you wish to install a pipe to the new sink, take the already new bathroom drain and check if it fits the actual height of the sink plus the diameter of the gauge. Now you can insert the tiny hole underneath the sink.
- Fix the Drain: On finding the right destination for your drain, then fix it properly with the help of a big threaded stopper that is accompanied with the drain pipe kit. String it at the base of the drain to make sure that it tightly grips the drain. This particular threaded stopper works best as a bind up. Remember to use the washer, which is an element of the kit. Then make tighter the bathroom sink drain using a pipe wrench. Remember, it may be necessary to use some extraordinary tape all around the threads of each and every fitting to make sure there is extra water tightness.
- Final Installation: Now install the sink drain pipe by simply joining several parts in the kit. The good thing is a ‘J’ pipe is available which is a trap used to connect directly to your drainpipe that is well fixed to the sink drain hole. Tighten the initial trap with the provided washer and also constrict it using a pipe wrench.
- Taping: It is quite essential to cover up the base of the recently fitted sink drain with a well made plumber’s tape. Wrap up the tape all around the joint to ensure maximum fixation. In case you have in an earlier incidence used a stopper that is threaded, it is likely to wrap up the tape variety of times all around it. Make sure you position the rubber washers on the pipe and also strengthen them to evade any leaking. Now, it’s time to build up a P-Trap Pipe linking the sink drain and the wall pipe.
- Fix the Bend: Finally, it’s time to repair the bend by simply linking it to the ‘J’ pipe or to the trap earlier installed and the well fitted drain outlet in the wall just behind the sink.
- Check for any Leakage: Once the installation process is complete, turn the tap on and let the water run slowly for quite some time. Verify that the drainpipe have no leakage that may exist. In case there are water drips coming from any particular parts of the drain, check the washers and tightly screw them to make sure there exist no space for water leakage.
Maintenance of the Sink
In order to ensure the sink drainage lasts longer, consider the following maintenance tips.
- Never use too small pipes when installing your bathroom sink.
- Never attach copper to galvanized without using a brass or may be dielectric fitting between the two.
- Ensure you level your fixtures when installing them.
- Install an air gap filling for the fixtures.