With internal waterproofing, you can manage the negative effects of persistent humidity and flooding of rooms. If your basement is always damp, it is time to waterproof your basement.
Waterproofing will help to:
- Manage the negative effects of persistent humidity
- Control flooding of rooms
- Keep your walls fungi free
- Keep moisture and water at bay
- Maintain structurally sound walls
What to do:
- Seal any obvious cracks using water-based sealants. These can be purchased at Lowe’s Home depot or other home improvement stores. They can be found under the names of Drylock, Watertite, or Damplock
- Roll, brush or spray thick waterproofing paint onto the walls. These basement water proofers or sealers can also be purchased at any home improvement store.
- You can purchase a dehumidifier to place in the basement if you only have dampness and not a true leak. This can be a freestanding machine that you simple plug into the wall, or can be installed in an out-of-the-way place in the basement.
Leakages and dampness can make it uncomfortable to live in your house. If left alone, a leaky basement can lead to more serious problems. Interior waterproofing keeps your walls and floor dry and help to maintain structurally sound walls. Do it yourself interior waterproofing is a simple home improvement project that you can accomplish on your. However, hiring a professional plumber has a number of advantages: they have the expertise, knowledge, skills and experience to get the job done